The Georgia Public Employee Hazardous Chemical Protection and Right to Know Law of 1988 (Georgia Department of Labor, Chapter 300-3-19) ensures that all Georgia State employees:
- Be informed of the hazards associated with the chemicals with which they work
- Have access to Material Safety Data Sheets for the chemicals to which they may be/have been exposed in the course of their employment
- Are protected from discharge or disciplinary action for exercising their right to information
- Receive training on the hazards of the chemicals with which they work
- Receive training at the time of their employment on their rights under this law and, if they work with chemicals, receive re-training annually thereafter.